I. LIBRARY RULES
1. Strict silence and order must be observed by all in the library.
2. A student must have his library card and admit card to enter the library. These cards are not exchangeable.
3. All articles and personal belongings must be left outside when entering the library. Only a copybook and library book, if to be returned, may be taken into the library.
4. Only one book will be issued per card and no student can take a book on another’s card. A book can be kept for one week only. No renewal will be allowed.
5. Books exclusively for consultation are not to be taken out of the library. They remain available to all students all time.
6. Before leaving the library every student must submit for scrutiny the books borrowed.
7. All magazines, reference book or books used while in the library must be put back into the proper place after reading.
8. Books borrowed from the library must be returned directly to the librarian. They must not be circulated. A student who circulates books borrowed from the library may have his library card withdrawn and may be fined as well.
9. If any defect is noticed in the book that is being borrowed, the librarian should be notified. Failure to do this checking renders one liable to be considered responsible for the defect noticed on the return of the book. Fines will be imposed for damages done to books and articles in the library.
10. Books lost must be replaced by the borrower.
11. A remark will be entered in the library page of school diary for every book returned late. Three such remarks will result in the withdrawal of the lending card and a fine of Rs. 50/- may be imposed.
12. Library cards are distributed once in April. There are two cards (a) Library Admit Card (b) Library Lending Card. Library Admit Card is to borrow a book. A lost card may be replaced by the Vice-Principal at the cost of Rs.50/-.
13. No book may be retained during the summer, autumn and winter vacations.
14. Permission to enter the library during class hours must be obtained from the Vice Principal. During other library hours no special permission is required provided a student has the Library Admit Card.
15. Students are encouraged to use class and school library under the guidance of their class teacher and the librarian.
16. Students are required to maintain silence in the library and make a conducive environment for reading.
17. Library books are issued to the pupil once in a week on the days fixed for each class. Library books must be returned within 7 days and if required, may be reissued for another 7 days.
18. Students are expected to take care of the library books. Scribbling on a book is strictly forbidden. Damages/ loss of books while in possession of the students will have to be compensated by the student in whose name the book has been issued.
19. Books are issued exclusively for the use of borrower. Anyone found lending books to other person may be denied the facility of the library.
20. Reference books and periodicals will not be issued to the students. However, they may refer to them during the library period.
21. When leaving the school, Please clear all the dues payable to the library and return the books issued to you and also obtain a No Due Certificate from the school Librarian.
22. Books must be returned before the examination and holidays.